You’ve done the research and you’ve chosen your medical team. You have an idea of the birth experience you want but don’t know how to reach that goal successfully. What now? Now you choose your doula!
She will be available to answer all your pregnancy questions 24/7. Your doula is like a ‘pregnancy and birth bff’. Your doula is a safe place to vent about that coworker that judged you wanting an epidural or the man at Trader Joe’s that commented on your size.
She understands where your at, and what your feeling. She’s there for you when you need her most as a strong support and companion when you need a shoulder to lean on.
Her goal is to have you feeling comfortable and confident in your choices and in your abilities by the time labor arrives.
Connect with Us
Confidence & Education
During your Birth Planning Session, you will play our custom interactive birth choices “game”. This game is designed to go in depth with you about possible interventions, your options for labor, and your immediate postpartum and pediatric choices.
Our goal is to take all of the stress out of the process, so you can enjoy the journey. We know you have a lot of tough choices to make during this time in your life, but these don’t have to be.
If you REALLY want to knock this birth out of the park, we highly recommend the Comfort Measures 101 class. Our Comfort Measures 101 is a practical, physical class. We hang out in our yoga clothes and practice the many techniques and tools available to you during your birth experience. Regardless of your preferences during labor. There are techniques available to help in every kind of birth scenario, and your doula brings all of those to the table.
I want to knock my birth out of the park
She provides comfort and a sense of stability during the one of the most challenging and rewarding times of your life- your baby’s birth. Above all, your doula will support you without
judgment. She’ll attune to and hone in on your needs during labor, even if what you want and need during labor is nothing like you had previously discussed. She is
flexible, willing to work with you to meet your needs as you labor. There is no wrong way to get through your birth experience. Your labor doula will have your back, regardless of what you need in the moment.
She is there for you after your baby is born to help you transition into parenthood smoothly, whether you’re breastfeeding, bottle feeding, have questions about pediatric procedures, or just want her to order your victory meal, she’s got you covered. Your doula will help you get comfortably settled into your recovery room, while answering any questions you have about your newly postpartum body and newborn baby.
Have someone to call with all your pregnancy questions. We walk you through your birth planning, and provide compassionate, hands-on comfort care during labor.
It sounds like everything you’ve been looking for, right? So, what do you want?
Frequently Asked Questions
Some other examples of what a labor doula can do for you are:
- Provide you with any information you request regarding the latest evidence-based practices.
- Support you emotionally throughout your pregnancy, to help you navigate through any fears or doubts.
- Attend appointments with your care provider with you.
- Provide non-judgmental support and encouragement.
- Provide support for your partner as well.
- Be available for phone and email support.
- Provide hands-on support, such as acupressure techniques during labor, specifically done to relieve discomfort.
- Suggest position changes and movement options, to help keep you comfortable as you labor.
- Help keep the environment calm, while paying close attention to your needs as labor progresses.
- Remind you of your goals, and help keep you focused throughout labor.
- Encourage you to incorporate any techniques, such as Hypnobirthing or Lamaze, that you learned and hoped to use in labor.
- Support you with breastfeeding, pumping, or formula feeding as needed and desired.
- Provide you with referrals to other resources and professional services when needed.
At Concierge Doulas. we hold our doulas to the highest standards.
All of our doulas are:
- Well trained and up-to-date on current recommendations and safety practices.
- Trained in additional labor support methods, such as rebozo techniques.
- Familiar with labor coping programs like Lamaze, Hypnobirthing, etc.
- CPR & Basic First Aid Certified
- Non-judgmental and open to supporting families of all backgrounds, faiths, and lifestyles.
Once you sign on with us. We start a group text chat with you and are available to you 24/7 until you deliver. You never have to wonder what is that weird twinge your feeling in your side, or is this a normal amount of kicks. You can vent about that jerk that said “You’re about ready to pop! When are you do?” You don’t have to scare yourself to death with Dr. Google. We’re here for you, every step of the way.
We come to you, home or hospital and guide you through the birth process. We’ll work on keeping you active and moving, regardless of if you have an epidural or are going all natural. Movement is important! We are also there for emotional support for you and your partner. Crying, fears, worries, questions, you name it, we’re here for it.
We offer additional services exclusively to our birth clients such as belly binding and birth pool rentals depending on the hospital chosen. Contact us to learn more.